The first part of this year has brought some shifts in how we do things at Upswept. Some of those changes are great, but there has also been the occasional sad note: we had to say goodbye to Lexx, who stepped down from her position. She’s been with us since the early days, and she grew wonderfully into the project management role! Lexx took everything that we threw at he, evolved with it, and made it work, and I have so missed having her as part of the team. I know she’ll make amazing things happen as she moves towards the work she’s most passionate about!
As much of a bummer as it is to have Lexx step out of the picture, we need to keep moving. That means we’re looking for someone who can grow with us as our next Project Management wizard!
Could our next project manager be you?
We’re looking for someone who’s interested in project management for the creative industry, particularly in the area of branding and web design. It’s currently a very-very-part-time role, but we definitely want it to grow into a larger time commitment–the more you bring to the role, the better it is for both of us!
A taste of the things you’d be doing:
- Communicating with clients and keeping them informed and happy — strong written and verbal communication skills are a must!
- Gathering and sharing info and assets between clients and our team
- Task management — experience with Freedcamp, Basecamp, or similar is a plus!
- Creating proposals for new clients
- Contributing to our blog — if you have opinions about design, marketing, and creative, we’d love to share them!
- Helping with development and promotion of online products, workshops, etc. — experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus!
This position is flexible, and much of the work can be done from your home or your favorite coffee shop, but we are only interested in candidates based in the Portland Metro area. You’ll need to periodically come into the studio to meet with the team, especially during the early stages, and for client consultations. We believe strongly in working with local talent, and we want to grow and create opportunities in our own super-gifted Portland-y garden.
We’re a young company, and we have a lot of experience producing solid work, but our process is always evolving and improving. We welcome any wisdom/ideas that you can bring to the table. So, if you’re a good listener and communicator, and this sounds like something you could grow into, let’s talk about it! Or, if you can think of a trusted human who’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from them, too. Contact us and tell us why you’re awesome!