UPDATE: this position is CLOSED! We’ve found our new team member, but we appreciate hearing from you!
We’re looking for someone who’s interested in project management for the creative industry, particularly in the area of branding and web design. It’s currently a part-time role, but it’s growing into a larger time commitment–the more you bring to the role, the better it is for both of us!
A taste of the things you’d be doing:
- Communicating with clients and keeping them informed and happy — strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is experience working with Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs and/or Microsoft Office.
- Gathering and sharing info and assets between clients and our team
- Setting clear expectations and keeping clients on track
- Task management — experience with Freedcamp, Basecamp, or similar is a plus!
- Writing, editing and creating proposals for new clients
- Building the right team for a client, by choosing and managing the right talent for our photoshoots, and our larger design and development projects
- Scheduling, photoshoot coordination, and other administrative tasks; keeping calendars up to date, invoicing and receiving payments — Quickbooks experience is a plus!
- Contributing to our blog — if you have opinions about design, marketing, and creative, we’d love to share them!
This position is flexible, and much of the work can be done from your home or your favorite coffee shop. A fast internet connection is a must, however! We’d like you to be able to commit approximately 1 hour Monday-Friday mornings to the position. Your work hours may vary a bit from week to week, but you can generally expect to work at least eight to ten hours in a typical week. You’ll need to periodically come into the studio, especially during the early stages, and for client consultations, which are often scheduled in the afternoon, so if you have a flexible schedule, that would be great! We believe strongly in working with local talent, and we want to grow and create opportunities in our own super-gifted Portland-y garden–with that in mind, we are only interested in candidates based in the Portland Metro area.
We’re a young company, and we have a lot of experience producing solid work, but our process is always evolving and improving. We welcome any wisdom/ideas that you can bring to the table.
So, if you’re a good listener and communicator, and this sounds like something you could grow into, let’s talk about it! Or, if you can think of a trusted human who’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from them, too.
How to apply:
- E-mail us at ask (at) upsweptcreative (dot) com and tell us why you’re awesome!
- Include your resume and any professional references you may have.
- Use the subject line: “I’m a Project Management Ninja” when you e-mail us.