NOTE: Applications for this position are now CLOSED! Thank you for your interest!
We’re hiring! We’re seeking someone who’s interested in project management for the creative industry, particularly in the area of branding and web design. It’s currently a part-time role, but it’s growing into a larger time commitment–the more you bring to the role, the better it is for both of us!
We’d be a great fit for each other if…
- you’re interested in helping create purpose-driven design that helps independent businesses grow and prosper
- you know how to communicate high-level design and tech concepts in a way that’s easy for regular people to understand
- you’re inquisitive and ready to connect with clients and learn about what drives them, and what makes their work special
- you’re laid-back and maybe even a little geeky, but always on top of important details
- Bonus: if you have skills and experience in design or web development, we’d love to give you opportunities to get involved with design/production for our clients!
- Also a plus: you have interest in helping us develop workbooks and online courses centered around branding and web design
A taste of the things you’d be doing:
- Communicating with clients and keeping them informed and happy — strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is experience working with Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs and/or Microsoft Office.
- Gathering and sharing info and assets between clients and our team
- Setting clear expectations and keeping clients on track
- Task management — experience with Freedcamp, Basecamp, or similar is a plus!
- Helping to facilitate client consultations and face-to-face meetings
- Writing, editing and creating proposals for new clients
- Building the right team for our clients, by choosing and managing the right talent for our larger design and development projects
- Helping our clients get comfy with the WordPress Dashboard and facilitating in-person trainings when needed.
- Scheduling, photoshoot coordination, and other administrative tasks; keeping calendars up to date, invoicing and receiving payments — Quickbooks experience is a plus!
- Contributing to our blog and/or social media presence — if you have opinions about design, marketing, and creative, we’d love to have you share them!
We’d like you to be able to commit approximately 1 hour Monday-Friday mornings to the position. Your work hours may vary a bit from week to week, but you can generally expect to work at least eight to ten hours in a typical week. You’ll need to come to the studio for client meetings, so if you have a flexible schedule, that would be ideal! Outside of face-to-face meetings, this position is flexible, and much of the work can be done from your home or your favorite coffee shop, if you like. A fast internet connection is a must, however!
We believe strongly in working with local talent, and we want to grow and create opportunities in our own super-gifted Portland-y garden. With that in mind, we are only interested in candidates based in the Portland Metro area.
We’re a young company, and we have a lot of experience producing solid work, but our process is always evolving and improving. We welcome any wisdom/ideas that you can bring to the table.
So, if you’re a good listener and communicator, and this sounds like something you could grow into, let’s talk about it! Or, if you can think of a trusted human who’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from them, too.
Rate is $18-25/hr, depending on experience.
How to apply:
- E-mail us at ask (at) upsweptcreative (dot) com and tell us why you’re awesome!
- Include your resume and any professional references you may have.
- Use the subject line: “I’m a Project Management Bad-Ass!” when you e-mail us.